SMART Modular announces T5PF family of SSDs
Smart Modular Technologies has announced its T5PFLC FIPS 140-2 SSDs which have been designed to provide certified authentication, sophisticated encryption, and are available in capacities from 120GB – 2TB.
FIPS 140-2 is a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standard that outlines a set of security criteria to enable the safe handling of sensitive information and is a requirement for most high-security applications. These requirements encompass authentication, encryption, physical security, self-tests and more.
SMART’s FIPS 140-2 designation signifies that these SSDs contain cryptographic components that have been validated to NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Standard which provides assurance that electronic information is highly protected and meets the stringent classification standards required by high-security applications. FIPS 140-2 Inside also indicates that an independent lab has validated the cryptographic component(s) in the SSD to the NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Standard.
Technical specifications for SMART Modular’s FIPS 140-2 SSDs:
- Security – FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Inside and TCG Opal 2.0
- High performance – Up to 550 MB/s read, 530 MB/s write
- High density – can achieve up to 1920GB in a single 2.5” form factor
- Reliability – Optional pFail power protection ensures data reliability
- Commercial Grade (0°C to +70°C) and Industrial Grade (-40°C to +85°C) Temperature
- Compatibility – Standard SATA SSD in 2.5” form factor, well-suited for a wide variety of applications